Sunday, March 30, 2008

Football

Today... or rather yesterday.. the Norwegian leauge started again.. (but yesterday only a couple of shitty teams played)..

I put on my teams shirt.. my yellow and black scarf.. sat down ready to watch the game online... sat down 5hours before it started even.. used the day to watch old clips on youtube, songs and such.. been reading and writing on different forums, in general just getting into the atmosphere of being a real supporter again.
my team sucked today.. 1-1against a crappy team from waaaaaaay up north.. BUT..

I't all makes me think.. how much time, money, energy and feelings people put into it.
it's only a game.. a game that you are not playing.. you are just watching it
or are you?

I think that very many people get a feeling of purpose, belonging.. they are suddenly part of something much bigger than themselves.
I remember when my team won the cup last year.. I was crying like a baby!
why? have I ever played for that team? Have I ever done anything to help the team to victory accept use money on tickets, supporter articles and helped sing them along when I'm at the matches?
nope....BUT..

Since I was a little kid my grandfather took me to those games, with the different players on the pitch, the different people standing next to me in the stands, sitting beside me when I've watched the game on tv.. I've shared something.. something huge!
I don't think that it's something as "simple" as love.. BUT..

I think I would call it.. life..
I have gone every singel human emotion by beeing a football fan.. love, hate, happiness, sadness.. The feeling of betrayel and the one of sucess.. you never know how you will be feeling after those 90minuets are up. the only thing you know, is that you will no matter what, find yourself dressed in your yellow shirt and your yellow and black scarf ready to go through that rollercoster of emotions again.
as in life.. you never know what is going to happen, but no matter what does.. you always have tommorow


ok, now I think thats enough fucked up filosofi and sounding like a prick..

but nobody reads this blog anyway, so.. mohahaha!!

until next time, be good... but not too good

No comments: