Sunday, April 12, 2009

The next phase

So...
We've been in Israel for a bit over 2 weeks, on the onw hand, it seems like 2 years, on the other, it seems like 2 seconds..

I've been looking for some pictures that can explain everything that is going through my mind, but, for some odd reason, I haven't been able to find the perfect one..

I'm starting to think that maybe there is something to Karma.. be nice, feel good about yourself, and good things will come to you..
the last couple of days, I didn't plan anything.. yet I had some great days!
was invited to go to a synagog (no clue how to spell that in English), it was a great experience!, I've been attending Jewish dinners (thanks Sara and Sarit!), getting massages in parks (thanks massage lady that I don't remember the name of), simply seeing a different side of the city.
Until now our class has been surrounded by people that are abit more left winged politically, great to get the perspectives of some people that look at things from a different side!
I've met random people that have totally surprised me. Like my taxi driver yesterday, he was suddenly speaking Danish (understandable danish, not the grumpy aggresive local stuff), and telling me about all his random encounters the last couple of days.. crazy how much unimportant, yet interesting crap we had in common. fantastic!

all in all, things are good, apart from the ongoing fight with some dam insects (think it might be flees) that are eating me upp.. about 20 new bites last night... auch!

The team (my class) just left for the westbank this morning, they are going to stay there for a month, while I'm staying alone in Tel Aviv since I'm scared as hell to go to the occupied terretories, have a feeling that if I go there, something really bad is gonna happen.
It's a great challenge and possibility for me to be here, work as the contact person between the team and the world! Also I have the mission of discovering what it is like to be part of a team, but in a different physical location, and what it is like to work, live and cope in a jewish society.

Yes, this will be good I think..

anything you want to know? about what I'm up to, what it's like here etc.. let me know..

stay tuned

ps, it really suckes not using snus anymore.. but, going on a month nicotin fri now!!!!

shalom

No comments: