Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sitting in my grandparents basement in Norway.. have to leave for the airport in 2hours..

Been home for a week to take som exams, so I can get student loans. didn't really go too good..
but, thats not really what this post is about..

it is so strange to be in Norway again, Think I experienced a reversed culture shock...
Imagine that for almost half a year, you haven't been in a propper home, you can't understand the languages that are around you, you constantly feel like a stranger to everything you do and everywhere you go..
then vosj, you are where you grew up, surrounded by friends and family, people that you know and love, and people that know and love you.. and maybe even understand you some times.

apart from the insane prices, you understand how the society works, you never find yourself being afraid of some terrorist bombing, you get to eat you grandmothers home made strawberry jam (best in the world).

Reality check is a good word.. yes, there is alot of things happening in the world.. even lots of very important, horrible, great, and strange things happening in other countries than Israel...
but.. I only have one home, and no matter how much I move, travel, experience etc around the world in the future.. that is really important to never forget, who are you really? how does what you do and learn on a day to day basis translate to being of use when you go home again?

in short, I would love to stay here longer, but, I am looking forward to get my hands on some good humus tommorow evning! =)

No comments: